Created by PA4RM
We had a large turnout of 13 members and visitors for the NCJ "North American QSO Party" contest Saturday-Sunday January 21-22 at the HAMARC W8AJT station. We will have photos and a narrative posted in the next few days.
Upcoming in February:
1) Beginning February 1, 2017 the DIAL Radio Club will offer a twelve-week class to prepare a candidate for examination in Amateur Extra Class Radio operator license. See our menu item "License Classes and Exams" for details and information.
2) HAMARC's monthly meeting is Tuesday, February 14. More information below on this page.
3) HAMARC's second new 3rd Tuesday of each month "dinner get together" is 6:00-6:30 PM Tuesday February 21 at Richards Pizza at 495 Nilles Road in Fairfield. Non-members are always welcome.
4) HAMARC is planning a special event station the weekend of February 25. More details to follow.
ESTATE SALE ITEMS. 10-20% PRICE REDUCTIONS AS OF NOVEMBER 26. Click here for an updated list of items remaining from the estates of Tom KA4WRR and Diane KD8SOZ. Note: the items are currently local pick-up only and no credit card purchases.
We are a very active club that provides many activities for our members. See our menu item "HAMARC Past Events & Activities" to read about the contests, on-the-events, and activities we've done since we formed our club in 2012. Also check our activities calendar menu item for our upcoming activities.
HAMARC is now an IRS-approved Sec. 501(c)(3) organization!
Our next meeting is Tuesday, February 14 at 7 PM at the Butler County OhioMeansJobs building at 4631 Dixie Highway (Rt 4) in Fairfield in the Fairfield Crossings Shopping Plaza between the Goodwill store and former Sears store. Click here for more information. Our monthly meetings are open to everyone. Click here for a Google map.
10-meter weekend "roundtables":
1) Fridays at 9 PM on 28.410 (+/-) is the Tom KA4WRR silent key 10-meter roundtable. Although Tom has passed on, the tradition of his roundtable... one of the oldest roundtables in our area... will continue.
2) Saturdays at 9 PM on 28.485 (+/-) is the HAMARC 10-meter roundtable .
These roundtables are open to all... join in and meet new friends!
2-meter simplex "chat" Wednesdays: Each Wednesday evening at 8 PM we have a "chat" on 146.565 simplex. Feel free to join in and meet some of our members!
Saturday breakfasts: One of our popular activities is gathering together each Saturday morning at 7:00 to 7:15 AM for breakfast at Lindenwald Station Restaurant located at 2535 Pleasant Ave. between Fairview and Forest Aves. Non-members are always welcome! Great breakfasts, great conversations, great friends... open to all so join us for breakfast!
HAMARC had its 2016 Christmas / Holiday party on Tuesday, December 13. Click here for photos.
HAMARC participated in the ARRL November Sweepstakes - Phone contest November 19-20. We missed a "clean sweep" of working all 83 ARRL and RAC sections by one section... "PAC" (Hawaii) but we had a lot of fun! Click here for photos and a narrative.
HAMARC participated in the CQ WW DX SSB contest October 28-30. Click here for photos and a narrative.
HAMARC participated in the SA Sprint contest October 22. Click here for photos and a narrative.
HAMARC participated in the September 11 OSPOTA. Click here for photos and a narrative.
HAMARC'S annual grill-out was Saturday September 24. Click here for photos and a narrative.
Fun at the OH-KY-IN September 17 hamfest Click here.
Check our menu item "HAMARC Past Events and Activities" for narratives and photos of all of our past events and activities.