Created by PA4RM
HAMARC participated in the Ohio ARES NVIS Antenna Day exercise Saturday April 22. Click here for photos and a narrative.
Upcoming in May:
1) The Tuesday May 9 HAMARC monthly meeting will be a "pizza and movie" meeting.
2) Wednesday May 3 the DIAL Radio Club will be conducting a license examination session. See menu item "License Classes & Exams" for information.
3) Saturday May 20 HAMARC will be having its "Spring Picnic" at the Overlook picnic shelter in Fairfield's Harbin Park. More information to follow.
ESTATE SALE ITEMS. Click here for a list of items remaining from the estate of Tom KA4WRR.
We are a very active club that provides many activities for our members. See our menu item "HAMARC Past Events & Activities" to read about the contests, on-the-events, and activities we've done since we formed our club in 2012. Also check our activities calendar menu item for our upcoming activities.
HAMARC is now an IRS-approved Sec. 501(c)(3) organization!
Our next meeting is Tuesday, May 9 at 7 PM at the Butler County OhioMeansJobs building at 4631 Dixie Highway (Rt 4) in Fairfield in the Fairfield Crossings Shopping Plaza between the Goodwill store and former Sears store. Click here for more information. Our monthly meetings are open to everyone. Click here for a Google map.
10-meter weekend "roundtables":
1) Fridays at 9 PM on 28.410 (+/-) is the Tom KA4WRR silent key 10-meter roundtable. Although Tom has passed on, the tradition of his roundtable... one of the oldest roundtables in our area... will continue.
2) Saturdays at 9 PM on 28.485 (+/-) is the HAMARC 10-meter roundtable .
These roundtables are open to all... join in and meet new friends!
2-meter simplex "chat" Wednesdays: Each Wednesday evening at 8 PM we have a "chat" on 146.565 simplex. Feel free to join in and meet some of our members!
Saturday breakfasts: One of our popular activities is gathering together each Saturday morning at 7:00 to 7:15 AM for breakfast at Lindenwald Station Restaurant located at 2535 Pleasant Ave. between Fairview and Forest Aves. Non-members are always welcome! Great breakfasts, great conversations, great friends... open to all so join us for breakfast!
HAMARC participated in the CQ "World-Wide WPX - SSB" contest Friday March 24 through Sunday March 26 at the W8AJT station on North C Street in Hamilton. Click here for a short narrative with photos.
HAMARC participated in the ARRL International DX SSB contest on March 3-5. Click here for a short narrative with photos.
HAMARC operated W8W special event station on Feb 25-26 to commemorate the 100-year anniversary of the February 24, 1917 Washington's Birthday trans-continental east coast to west coast and back amateur radio relay message by member stations of the Radio League of America (1915-1922) sent from the mayor of New York City to the mayors of Los Angeles and Seattle and a reply back. Click here for a short narrative with photos.
Check our menu item "HAMARC Past Events and Activities" for narratives and photos of all of our past events and activities.